The medical scribe works within the medical environment assisting physicians or other providers with their nonclinical duties. The primary responsibility of the scribe is to extemporaneously transcribe the patient’s medical record for the physician. Scribes also assist the physician in retrieving old medical records, lab results, radiology results, making phone calls, relaying messages, and any other clerical operations that would assist the provider in his or her function. Scribes work varying shifts at all times of the day and all days of the week.
- High School Diploma (or equivalent)
- High level of computer literacy
- Basic familiarity with Microsoft Office (specifically Word and Excel)
- Flexible availability
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Willingness to accept responsibility and work as a member of a team
- Aptitude for forward and creative thinking
List of Duties and Responsibilities
- Follow the provider to each patient room in order to document the patients’ visits into the Electronic Health Record (EHR) system including the HPI, ROS, PFSH, EXAM, and MDM (the soap notes).
- Provide ancillary clerical services to the providers.
- Provide patient comfort measure as requested and permitted.
- Attend monthly Continuing Medical Education (CME) courses.
- Adhere to mandatory Integritas and/or healthcare facility policies, as outlined with the employee handbook or facility guidelines.
- Work in any other capacity as required by Integritas or the contracting facility within reasonable parameters.
- Scribes are not permitted to provide any clinical aide or have any patient contact.