Does your current job spark joy? Are you looking for a hands-on, fast paced, dynamic work environment? An ER Medical Scribe position with Integritas could be the perfect fit for you!
The primary responsibility of the scribe is to document the patient’s electronic medical record for the physician. Scribes have the benefit of flexible scheduling and have varying shifts between day, evening, and weekends. For those looking to start a career in the medical field, this position provides a front row seat to real examples of physicians practicing.
List of Duties and Responsibilities
- Follow the provider to each patient room in order to document the patients’ visits into the Electronic Medical Record (EMR) system
- Provide ancillary clerical services to the providers which includes retrieving old medical records, lab results, radiology results, making phone calls, relaying messages, and any other clerical operations that would assist the provider in his or her function
- Provide patient comfort measure as requested and permitted
- Adhere to mandatory Integritas and/or healthcare facility policies, as outlined with the employee handbook or facility guidelines
- Scribes are not permitted to provide any clinical aide or have any patient contact
- Participate in quarterly lunch meeting
- Stay informed and follow the HIPAA guidelines
- High School Diploma (or equivalent)
- High level of computer literacy
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Medical Terminology course and/or currently enrolled in a program that contains medical terminology
- Experience with EMR systems and medical chart processes
- Previous Scribe experience preferred
Pre-Med students, EMT’s, paramedics are encouraged to apply!